As the chief scribe (secretary of the party) in this constituency, I am forced to join this press conference to clarify issues in the media concerning the president’s nominee.
PRESS CONFERENCE: – RE: CONFUSION IN BIAKOYE NPP
BIAKOYE DISTRICT IS PEACEFUL AND WAITING FOR THE RE-NOMINATION OF MADAM MILLICENT CARBOO AS DCE FOR BIAKOYE
My attention has been drawn to a sham and shabby publication of a press conference which was purported to be the decision of the Biakoye Constituency NPP Executives, and other issues in the media concerning the president’s nominee Madam Millicent Carboo. The said press conference was aired on Adom TV on Wednesday, the 17th of May 2017 and published in the “TODAY” newspaper on Monday the 22nd Day of May 2017.
• The people of Worawora have rejected Madam Millicent Carboo:
– Some people for the sake of their personal interest are in the media saying that the people of Worawora have rejected Millicent Carboo otherwise known as Nana Yaa Frimponmaa; which is a total untruth. Madam Kiki as she is popularly known has been the female focal point of many political activities in the town where she hails from. She has been the brainchild of many political activities in the town. The chiefs and elders, the people and the party are solidly behind her.
• Madam Kiki is not new in the constituency:
– I met her in 2011 and got glued to her because of her strong zeal for party work. She contributed immensely to the party’s campaign activity in election 2012. Her hard work subsequently got her elected as the Biakoye Constituency NPP Women Organizer in 2014. She also contested the 2015 parliamentary primaries on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party. It came as a shock that someone could go on air and claim that she is not known in the constituency. It is a fact that the president’s nominee is a true daughter of Biakoye. Truth is, she hails from three out of the six traditional areas that makes up the Biakoye district; precisely Worawora, Tapa and Nkonya.
• ALLEGED DISRESPECT FOR MOSLEMS
– Madam Millicent Carboo in her pursuit to get our Muslim brothers in the constituency to vote for the party, she has virtually turned herself to be the Hajia of the party in our Zongo communities. She relates well with the Muslim community in the constituency especially Worawora, I the secretary to the constituency is a Muslim and a staunch supporter of the president’s nominee Madam Kiki.
In the said publication under the caption “CONFUSION IN BIAKOYE” carried by myjoyonline.com
and the “TODAY” newspaper are false and we wish to say that;
1. Mr. Yaw Mante the said drunkard (in the publication) is a responsible family man, an executive of the party, and was the campaign manager of Mr. Sulemana Moro in his bid to which saw him become the chairman of our great party. The said Yaw Mante is also the landlord of the chairman. It is therefore an indictment on the integrity of JOY News to .found Yaw Mante as news worthy.
2. If readers understand paragraph three of the said publication well, it means that, right from day one, those executives were against the president’s nominee as claimed by Mr. Yaw Mante.
3. It is false and a smart propaganda to incite the general assembly against Madam Millicent Carboo’s re-nomination since she is not the chairman’s choice.
4. On this note, I Mr. salifu Aliwu Ibrahim the secretary of the New Patriotic Party in Biakoye wish to remind the chairman that it is the president who has the power to nominate MMDCEs.
In conclusion, those members of the executive who claimed not to be the brain behind the rejection of the president’s nominee are at the same time saying, they are not calling on the president to re-nominate Madam Millicent Carboo clearly shows the double standards they are playing and I leave it to the conscience of those who read the said publications.
Mr. Salifu Aliwu Ibrahim
The New Patriotic Party
Biakoye Constituency Secretary
« THE DARK WEB: WHAT IS IT ABOUT AND HOW TO ACCESS IT GES: STOP THE NUMEROUS PAPER WORKS AND IMPROVE TECHNOLOGICALLY »